Happy Easter! I hope everyone is having a great day with family and friends!
I was busy this week! But, I managed to stay on track – I tracked all my calories and completed my workouts everyday!
- Keep calories around 1500
- Exercise 6 days a week, running 4 days, and strength training 4 days.
I stayed on my calorie goal every day except Wednesday, when I had around1600 calories. However, I was totally starving! I decided that I need to listen to my body, and use my calorie goal just as that – a goal. I feel more prepared this week that I have some good foods in my fridge that will fuel me for my workouts, and my long days at work.
On a workout front, I am trying to get ready for my 5K which is this coming Saturday! I really should have waited to run a 5K – in my 10K training program, I really am not running for long periods of time. But, the 5K was just up the street from me, so I felt I needed to sign up! I have run a few 5K’s before, so I am hoping I will be ok! I have been trying to run 15-20 minutes after I finish with my 10K training run for the day, to build up my time actually running. The strength training workouts have been focused on increasing strength. I had to go and buy heavier weights – a couple times! I can really tell my arms are getting stronger!
(Now my 5 pound weights seem so little!)
I have also been trying to do a plank a day, and I am holding it over a minute now – which is huge for me – I have always had really weak abs!
A couple things I noticed this week:
- I am thirsty all.the.time! I have a new water bottle to take to work this week, because I just had a little glass, and I was having to refill it so often! I know it is important to drink a lot of water, so that is what I am doing!
- I have been chewing a lot of gum, which I am trying to cut back on. But, it does help keep my mouth occupied!
- Once of my challenges is not to snack at night when I am packing our lunches for the next day. I have been drinking a cup of tea while packing the lunches, and that has really helped me! Plus, it is after I have finished my workout for the day, and some nights I have been making a smoothie to drink as well.
It drives me crazy that when I lose weight, I always lose weight first in my stomach, and my legs/butt last. And when I gain weight, I always gain in my legs/butt first! Where I really want to lose inches is in my legs, but this week I lost an inch in my stomach! I weigh myself AND measure myself to get a better picture of what is going on.
And when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was down 5 pounds this week! I don’t really believe that … I think all my measurements from last week were off for some reason. I do believe I lost some weight though .. And whenever I get serious about losing weight, it seems to come off faster in the beginning.
I do know my jeans feel a little better, so I am loving that!
Can’t wait to see what this week brings!