This month, I decided to join in on the Foodie Penpal. It is so much fun! March was the first month I participated, and I had such a good time, I decided to join again!
Here is a recap of the program:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
- If you are interested in participating for May, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
- You must submit your information by May 4th as pairings will be emailed on May 5th!
- If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now on to my package! I was paired with Taylor at Taylor Made. I was super excited to receive my package! Here is what she sent me:
I was so excited about all the Trader Joe items! I miss Trader Joe’s so bad! (But I hear we are getting one at some point in the next year …)
I always feel bad for people sending me packages, with the grain free and gluten free restriction. But Taylor did great! Lots of chocolate (the chocolate covered pomegranate seeds were awesome!), a chocolate bar, some fruit bars, banana chips (yum!), and tea! I loved everything!
And she also sent this:
A buckeye! In the note, she wrote that she is a student at Ohio State, and a huge Buckeye fan, so she sent me a buckeye! I thought that was really cute! Thanks Taylor, everything was delicious! You should check out Taylor’s blog if you have a chance, she has some great stuff on there.
Also, click here to check out what I sent to Quinn, my foodie penpal!
You really should check out the Foodie Penpal program – it is so much fun, and a low commitment factor. If you don’t love it, you don’t have to join again. Check out Lindsay’s blog for more information, or ask me!