This month for the Foodie Penpal program I was lucky enough to have Jillian from Bites of Balance put together my package for me!
Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean put together this program – if you aren’t familiar with it, here are the details!
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
You can read more about it on Lindsay’s blog here!
Jillian was so sweet from her first email, and I loved everything she sent me! Here is a look:
A card and recipes!
I loved Jillian’s package because it is exactly what I might have sent – homemade goodies!
First of all, can I say I love this container she sent!?! It is so cute! And inside it she made Banana Chocolate Chip “Nutola” – a grain free, nut based granola! She must be inside my head, because since I don’t eat oatmeal, granola is something I have really been missing!
This stuff is seriously delicious, and she sent me the recipe for it too! I can’t wait to make it! She also made some coconut macaroons that were delish! They lasted maybe 5 minutes …. oops!
Also included was some Barney Butter – which I have heard so much about but never had, and of course my favorite - chocolate! Yum!
Thank you so much Jillian, I love everything you sent!
You should head on over and check out her blog – www.bitesofbalance.wordpress.com – I ‘m loving it!
If you would like to join the Foodie Penpal Program for June, go here and fill out the sign up form. It is a great way to meet people, and receive some fun foods in the mail!
If you would like to see what I sent my penpal, head over to Courtney’s blog!